mow equipment         
anyone know what this does?
Date: 7/26/2006 Location: Homer, NY   Map Show Homer on a rail map Views: 1855 Collection Of:   aaron morehouse
Author:  aaron morehouse
mow equipment
Picture Categories: This picture is part of album:  nysw
User Comments
Name Type Comments Date
Zach Pumphery General It's a ballast tamper. 10/26/2006 4:21:24 PM
J. Williams General Yea Zach it is a Ballast Tamper, and it also aligns the track, see the black A frame cart behind the tamper, well it has two boxes with lasers that goto the cab and tell the operator where the "claws" need to pick up the ties to be align. the "claws" are in the middle of the Tamper, they move the ties up, down, and side to side to get the track stright. Also in the shot to the left is the front end of a Ballast Regulator, this unit is most of the time following the Tamper. It moves the ballast and shapes the road bed, and it should have a big broom on the rear, it brushes off the ballast from the top of the ties. Love that RR logo on the cab, most RR's just put a number on it. 4/27/2008 1:52:30 PM
Wyatt M General always fun to see those 1/18/2009 3:02:48 PM
David Nutter General Nice picture! 8/27/2010 2:17:02 PM
Virgil Fitzpatrick General Mainline tamper 3/12/2011 8:08:46 PM
Mike Maskel General NICE SHOT 7/8/2013 12:35:17 AM
scott crotwell General Nice shot 4/18/2016 12:15:21 PM
Alex Piechowski General ballast tamper 1/26/2018 5:30:39 PM

Add a Comment:  
Please Log in to leave a Comment.  
Link to this page:

Close Window